John Christie, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Pathology
Brody School of Medicine
Brody Building, 7S10
Mail Stop 642
600 Moye Boulevard
Greenville, NC 27834
Fellowship: Harvard School of Public Health (Tropical Public Health)
University of Texas Medical Branch (Infection and Immunology)
University of Texas Medical Branch (Medical Microbiology)
Residency: University of Texas Medical Branch
Doctorate: University of Texas Medical Branch, M.D.
Graduate: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, M.S., Ph.D.
Undergraduate: Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, 1966
American Board of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology
American Board of Pathology, Clinical Pathology
American Board of Pathology, Medical Microbiology
Pathology and clinical microbiology of infectious diseases
- Christie JD. Test Utilization for Residents: Case 3 An HIV-positive patient with fever and rash. © 2015 College of American Pathologists; © 2015 Association of Pathology Chairs. Online Module released April, 2015.
- Rimawi RH, Carter Y, Ware T, Christie J, Siraj D. Use of voriconazole for the treatment of Paecilomyces lilacinus cutaneous infections: Case presentation and review of published literature. Mycopathologia 175:345-349. 2013.
- Christie JD. “Stat” – Multiplex polymerase chain reaction. Amer J Clin Pathol. 139:7-8. 2013. (editorial).
- Ashraf MS, Swinker M. Augustino KL, Nobles D, Knupp C, Liles D, Christie JD, Ramsey KM: Outbreak of Mycobacterium mucogenicum bloodstream infections among patients with sickle cell disease in an outpatient setting. Submitted to Infection Control and Healthcare Epidemiology. 33:1132-1136. 2012.
- Christie JD, Garcia LS: Emerging parasitic infections. Clin Lab Med. 2004 Sep;24(3):737-772
- Cook PP, Catrou PG, Christie JD, Young PD, Polk RE. Reduction in broad-spectrum antimicrobial use with no improvement in hospital antibiogram. J Antimicrob Chemo. 2004 May;53(5):853-9.